Help Hornsey Town Hall Square become a vibrant community hub by telling Haringey Council what kind of activities you would like to see in the location.
A temporary relaxation of licensing rules means the square can now be a trading place and a centre for occasional activities that are independent of the council. For example, would you want to explore the feasibility of a one-off farmers’ or French market, an art fair, wine tasting, an antiques or garden market, holistic and wellbeing services, a book or literary festival, an occasional outdoor ice rink or a vintage market in the area? If so, let the council know.
Cllr Nilgun Canver, Cabinet Member for Environment, said:
“Let’s make this lovely location the jewel in the crown of Crouch End. As well as the more traditional offerings, we are hoping for some innovative ideas which will celebrate the community, bring a vibrancy to the area and reflect the distinct personality of Crouch End.
“This is an opportunity for all to have their say and help shape the tone of the Town Hall Square area. Please get in touch and give us your views.”
The trial period will allow for up to ten events to be held on Town Hall Square up to Christmas.
- be self financing
- help establish the Town Hall Square as the heart of Crouch End
- bring vibrancy and community benefits to the area
- bring business opportunities that complement those of the current traders
- fit around existing commitments regarding the use of Hornsey Town Hall
- be socially responsible, inclusive and within planning and licensing conditions
- bring a sense of pride to Hornsey and Haringey’s diverse communities.
Send in your ideas by email to email@example.com, write to Hornsey Town Hall Interim Uses Group, Room 1:15, Civic Centre, High Road, Wood Green, N22 8LE or telephone 020 8489 1794.